row cache objects latch and shared_pool_size

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:43:56 GMT

Row cache objects latch:

        In order to reduce contention for this latch, we need to
        tune the data dictionary cache. In Oracle7 this basically
means
        increasing the size of the shared pool (SHARED_POOL_SIZE)

Could it be the other way around? Could the shared_pool_size be too large? how can one tell?

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Apr 01 2003 - 11:43:56 CST