ORA-12545 error during installation

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:40:00 +0100

Hi

    I've managed to install 8i on Solaris apparently successfully. The Database Configuration Assistant created a script /data/Ora8i/admin/ilsmast/create/ilsmast1.sh. When I try to run this script I get the following:-

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.7.0.0 - Production

Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545 SVRMGR> SVRMGR> Message 701 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR
Message 701 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545 SVRMGR> MGR-00310: Message 310 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR
SVRMGR> 2> 3> 4> 5> 6> 7> 8> 9> 10>
CREATE DATABASE "ilsmast"
*
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03114 SVRMGR> Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545 SVRMGR> SVRMGR> Message 37 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

Everything is (hopefully) being run on a single machine, so presumably its not a problem with network configuration. The only processes running under the account as the script is started are several httpd processes, java, jre and tnslsnr.

Chloe Crowder Received on Mon Mar 31 2003 - 03:40:00 CST