Oracle Spatial mdsys.sdo_geometry mapping

From: Luigi Marinucci <remomeiuwantreply.luigi.marinucci_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:51:27 GMT

Hi, i'm a newbie of Oracle Spatial, i'm working with sdoapi, i need to convert
geometries encoded with GML into valid geometries encoded in msdsys.sdo_geometry
to perform query throug SQL over other geoemtries stored into a table.

For example, if i've a box geometry in GML like this:

<gml:Box>

        <gml:coord>

<gml:X>-103</gml:X>
<gml:Y>31</gml:Y>
</gml:coord> <gml:coord>
<gml:X>-103.5</gml:X>
<gml:Y>31.5</gml:Y>
</gml:coord>

</gml:Box>

I would make a query like:

SELECT a.geometry
FROM My_Spatial_Table a
WHERE mdsys.sdo_relate(a.geometry, mdsys.sdo_geometry (2003, null, null,mdsys.sdo_elem_info_array (1,1003,3),mdsys.sdo_ordinate_array (-103,31,-103.5,31.5)),'querytype=WINDOW layer_gtype=notpoint') = 'TRUE';

I've look in sdoapi's samples that i can make an adapter from my GML (XML) to Oracle's geometry, now i would know if i can map this geometry into a mdsys.sdo_geometry form.

For geometries like point, box, there's no problems, but for geometries like polygon, linestring, multipolygon i don't know how do this! :-(

Any tips or documentation for my problem?

Best Regards
Luigi Received on Sun Mar 30 2003 - 06:51:27 CST