Re: Alter index xxx rebuild partitions

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 09:38:54 -0800

chan01 wrote:

> i would like to know how much time app. it will take
> alter index xxx rebuild partition ix_jun02.
> i did for 5 GB data partition it took me 73 minutes.
>
> I am using SunFire 3800 with 8x750MHz + 8 GB RAM. Oracle 816.
>
> Thanks.

Impossible for anyone to tell you as you have provided no information from which an answer can be given. It depends on many factors including whether the index is created using the NOLOGGING syntax.

I would suggest, too, that there is no excuse for being on Oracle 8.1.6. Not only is in unsupported it is buggy. At least get yourself to 8.1.7.4.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Mar 29 2003 - 11:38:54 CST