Asynchronous I/O on Linux

From: JZ <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2003 07:59:42 -0800

Oracle 9.2.0.1 on Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1 We followed the Oracle instructions to enable Asynchronous I/O. Now we try to verify that Oracle does use it. How do we do this?

Can we do:

strace -p <pid_of_dbwr> (when INSERT statement is running)

and which system call(s) should we see?

Thanks a lot! Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 09:59:42 CST