Transparent Gateway (tg4msql)

From: Mike Jay <mikejay_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:42:27 -0500

Good morning,

Has anyone had any success using the Oracle Transparent Gateway for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 version on a 3rd machine to provide read-only connectivity into an Oracle DB Link?

I know the "Certification Matrix" states that only SQL Server 7 and 2000 are supported, but the source migration has a production 6.5 DBMS version (hence the move to Oracle 9.2 server).

The systems are all Windows 2000 servers with one having the Oracle 9.2 server.

Alternately, has anyone used the HS ODBC Agent on a third machine, that is, not on the Oracle9i database server. I have installed the OTG on a 3rd system along with the SQL Server 6.5 client.

The SQL Server 6.5 system is production. Likewise, the new Oracle 9.2 database server can't have 6.5 client installed on it.

Appreciate it.

Have a great day,
mikejay Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 08:42:27 CST