Re: Managing Oracle with R-commands vs. SSH

From: Wavey <dave_at_nospam35ad.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:42:54 +0000

> A small clarification. I think we use rcp behind the scenes to copy ORACLE_HOME
> to other nodes of a cluster when installing RAC and clustered file systems are
> not being used for ORACLE_HOME.

Have you considered rsync for this task. It can be configured to use ssh and is very good at this kind of thing. If a transfer or copy fails part way through it will workout what it has got left to do and only send that.

eg. rsync -avz --rsh=ssh oracle_at_hosta:/opt/oracle/product/ /opt/oracle/product

Rsync packages & source code can be found at http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/FAQ.html

hope this helps,

D. Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 17:42:54 CST