Re: Managing Oracle with R-commands vs. SSH

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 08:32:05 -0800

In article <87k7em620z.fsf_at_tiger.rapttech.com.au>, Tim says...

> Pablo> joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in
> Pablo> news:91884734.0303251646.57f7c744_at_posting.google.com:
>
> >> Have you asked if they have to do any work like re-writing ten
> >> thousand scripts that are expecting to r?
>
> Pablo> Wouldn't a simple 'sed' script handle the above? -- Pablo
> Pablo> Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
> Pablo> http://www.hpdbe.com
>
>Or even a symlink from the ssh scp to rsh and rcp.
>
>We ONLY use ssh at our site - no telnet, no ftp and certainly no r
>commands.
>
>There is nothing I know of that requires Oracle to use r commands - as
>far as I know, Oracle doesn't even know anything about r commands.

A small clarification. I think we use rcp behind the scenes to copy ORACLE_HOME to other nodes of a cluster when installing RAC and clustered file systems are not being used for ORACLE_HOME.

Otherwise I think you're correct though.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 10:32:05 CST