Re: Non-Profit Oracle Usage

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:38:18 +1100

"Ed Stevens" <nospam_at_noway.nohow> wrote in message news:ltt38v0qnf8rttr4vl02i4htvpnosqt24j_at_4ax.com...
> On 26 Mar 2003 10:40:10 -0800, david.davidian_at_sun.com wrote:

> >Is there a precident for Oracle allowing registered 501c(3) non-profit
> >organizations obtaining licences free of charge? Alternately, what are
> >the requirements for a non-profit obtaining a Oracle licence without
> >charge?
> >
> >Feel free to email me as well.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
>
> I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
> However, I'm inclined to ask: did said non-profit get the server --
> on which it intends to run Oracle -- at no cost just because it is a
> non-profit? Did it get its desktops at no cost just because it is a
> non-profit? Does it get its telephone service at no cost just because
> it is a non-profit? File cabinets? Office furniture? Supplies?

Cynic!!

But right to the point, nevertheless!

I'm sure Oracle does charity/sponsorship stuff, and they'd welcome (I'm sure) a chance to get involved in a worthwhile cause and good community schemes, if you approach them. But just *being* a non-profit making enterprise doesn't necessarily mean you'll qualify. Hell, even United Airlines is a non-profit making enterprise at the moment, isn't it??!

How does any charity go about getting corporate investment? Beats me, because I'm only a nutcase, not a charity-case. But my first approach would be to whomsoever you can find highest up in your nearest Oracle office's marketing/PR department, and then take it upwards from there.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Mar 26 2003 - 14:38:18 CST