Oracle Text & PDF files

From: Randy Nichols <randynichols_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:36:05 GMT

Greetings:

We having some problems with searching and displaying markup for certain PDF files with Oracle Text (under Oracle 9i).

We've seen the descriptions of alternative filters to use with PDF files posted by Oracle, but we're wondering if anyone out there has worked with text search of PDF files and has some advice on how best to do it and/or advice on debugging.

For instance, we have a PDF file that seems to index OK, but none of the searches every find it. If we try to generate markup for it, we get the error:

java.sql.SQLException: [Oracle] ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:

DRG-11101: failed to open file \drgit49
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 157
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.CTX_DOC", line 1006
ORA-06512: at line 1

We use the "FILE_DATASTORE" approach.

Is there some way to view the index that is created by Oracle so we can verify that the indexing is working as expected, or other debugging strategies?

Thanks,

R. Nichols Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 14:36:05 CST