Oracle 9iAS Infrastructure and Portal on Same Box (Win 2K)

From: Matt Childs <matt_childs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:15:13 -0900

All,

I recently installed O9iAS 9.0.2.0.1 infrastructure and portal on the same box. This is just a development/evaluation and I couldn't scrounge up anymore hardware. There is also a 9i database installed on the box as well.

I have disabled the HTTP server associated with the 9i database, and all components (infrastructure and portal server) installed with no errors.   However - I can't seem to get the portal service running in the OEM and I am confused (which isn't hard to do) about the HTTP server running under both the infrastructure and the Single Sign on component.

In the OEM, the Portal:portal:7780 and the Single Sign on orasso:7777 are both stopped and grayed out.

In the OEM, looking at the infrastructure the Single Sign on orasso:7777 is up and running just fine.

Both have the HTTP Server running.

So to make a long question even longer - do both the inf and the portal need the HTTP server running, do I need the Single Sign on enabled under the portal or is it just okay to have it on in the infrastructure - and how do I get the portal going?

I am running on a dual 866 mHz with 1 GB RAM Win 2K AS SP3.

Thanks for any help or pointers in the right direction.

Matt Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 13:15:13 CST