Tuning the DUAL table

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:25:16 GMT

there is an article that some of the regulars here wrote, but I don't remember who did, nor do i have a link.

we have a function that basicly does this: (first name last name to lastname firstname)

SELECT CONCAT(SUBSTR(:b1,0,(INSTR(:b1,',') + 2 )),'.') FROM DUAL and it's 5gets per execution (a couple of million times per day)

can somebody point to the article?

thanks.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 16:25:16 CST