Re: RAID 0+1 and recommended stripe size

From: Bricklen <BAnderson_at_nospamthanks.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:20:30 GMT

Thanks!

That confirms the other sources I've found as well (more specifically, from Hotsos, about the
 (minimum) 2*db_block_size*db_file_multiblock_read_count for higher concurrency systems)

http://www.hotsos.com/dnloads/0.Millsap1996.08.21-VLDB.pdf

A bit dated, but seems to be pretty reasonable information, from a respected source.

Cheers,

Bricklen

( Thanks for the suggestion of the OS block Pete's )