Re: Hi-- Upgrading from SQL Server 6.5 to oracle

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 16:46:21 -0800

"Shafeek Khalidh" <itsprobablyme_at_msn.com> wrote in message news:<b57sbr$25va2u$1_at_ID-137434.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to upgrade the SQL Server 6.5 server to Oracle 8x or Oracle
> 9x.
> Can you please give me an idea about the cost of the software when I'm going
> for migration.

Depends. $0 to $90,000,000.00

> What are the helps that I will get from Oracle when I'm migrating to Oracle.

Depends.

> Which version should I choose.

Depends on if you have application software packages accessing the db or what. If you are doing everything from scratch, probably 9iR2. If you have other stuff that has certain dependencies, 8i.

> Please help
> Shafeek Khalidh
>
> FYI
> My database size is 60GB, in Windows NT

jg

--
@home is bogus.  "The ant worked hard all summer while the grasshopper
fiddled.  The human came and killed all the ants and the grasshopper