Re: URGENT: ORA-01554 upon startup

From: NetComrade <netcomrade_at_netscape.net>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 08:39:30 -0800

the original values were

transactions                         integer 1820
transactions_per_rollback_segment integer 5

the new values were

transactions 10000
transactions_per_rollback_segment 40

I've also tried playing around with these.

The trace file
/u31/app/oracle/admin/BASE/udump/base_ora_15807.trc

contains nothing but the already mentioned errors.

Oracle support wasn't able to recover the database for us. They tried to bring it up with
_corrupted_rollback_segments= (<segment_list>) but that didn't help
they offerred to come on site and recover the data manually, starting at $10K, but that wasn't worth our time. We brought up the data in a separate instance with 20 hours of data lost. This instance is still left for my amusement. If anybody has any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to try them out. (we still would like this data back)