Re: Database Performance Metrics - What to use?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:11:06 +0200

> I do not think that uptime is something which can impress management
> too much. Ok, machine runs for six months without single restart, but
> who gave a f*ck?

For users, uptime means that a user can access the system whenever he needs it. The system could even be restarted nightly.

> > For things like Oracle Applications, the number of concurrent
> > jobs finished per unit of time.
>
> For things like OAs is a good metric patches applied per hour (PPH).

:))

kPPH means kilo-patches applied per hour, it's easier to use this term, when your patch numbers reach thousands (actually it's very possible if you use more than few modules ;)

Tanel. Received on Sat Mar 15 2003 - 06:11:06 CST