Eliminating index files

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:42:34 +0100

I need to reorganize a Raid group. One LUN contains index files only, and instead of saving them, I would rather just remove them, reconfigure the LUN adding more harddisks, and then recreate the indexes. Saving and restoring through the network takes several hours.

I wonder if the database would still start without the files belonging to the index tablespace. Of course, one could just drop the tablespace, but then I assume that it would not be possible to just rebuild the indexes any more. So how could I free index space without losing their definitions?

Thanks
Rick Denoire Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 17:42:34 CST