Dump Max Reached

From: JustAnotherDBA <burttemp1REMOVETHIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:29:31 -0600

On Solaris 8 running Oracle 8.1.6.2

The database has been up for a month or so and we are having an error (ora-00600 ... [4823]) listed in the alert.log which lists the smon process dump file which has maxed out in size .

I tried doing a 'cat /dev/null > tracefile.trc' to reset the trace to zero bytes. This did not help.

Anyone know of a way to get smon to dump what it is trying to dump into a trace file that has reached the max size? Of course, looking for something short of shutdown/startup... Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 13:29:31 CST