Oracle9i enterprise edition on debian (2.4.20)

From: X3 <imiten_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 14:48:17 -0800

Hello,

I downloaded 3 cpio archives and extracted and installed oracle using from link below:

Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise Edition for Linux/IA64, Release 2 (v9.2.0.2) New

Installation went fine until last steps in which it tried to get 3 configuration assistants going and failed on not finding jre in
/oracle/oracle.swd.jre/bin/i386/native_threads

if I am correct. But I went ahead and continued as it said its possible but installation was successful.

Well then later I linked jre file to few binaries like java in non-oracle-jdk version from sun and it did not work. some problems with array index out of bound and also tried jdk bundled with oracle.

any ways surprisingly there were no svrmgr or sqldba binaries in
/oracle/bin directory. any one had that?

looks to me that my install was broke. I think my linux-oracle binaries were 9.2.0.1. could that be?

any way email me at:

imiten_at_yahoo.com

for response.

Thanks.

Miten. Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 16:48:17 CST