Re: Oracle2PostgreSQL Migration with PL/pgSQL

From: Steve Mazerski <smazerski_at_yahoo.co.jp>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 14:49:51 -0800

"Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message news:<b4hroc$7ua$1_at_dackel.pdb.sbs.de>...

> Last time I tried I crashed it twice in one day. Seems, postgres' response to faulty
> sql is not an error message but a crash with data corruption.

Any chance you could share this SQL with the rest of the world? Also, what Postgres version? What operating system? Etc. There are people who like to distinguish FUD from genuine problems, and fix the latter.

> Sorry, but nothing doing here.

Good thing I didn't take that attitude when installing Oracle...

S. Mazerski
Feeder of SQL (Faulty and Otherwise) to PostgreSQL For Several Years And Never Had the Slightest Hint Of Data Corruption :-) Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 16:49:51 CST