Re: move datefiles (almost) online

From: Hermann Schlösser <hschloes_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 00:09:48 +0100

Ralph Ganszky wrote:
> Don't forget to remove the old file (could take some time to free the space
> because it will be kept open by some shadow processes till they be
> terminated
> or they try to use the file).

Hi Ralph,

that's rather odd behaviour of oracle.

I hooked oracle to the copied file.
I deleted the old datafile with rm.
(no errors in alert.log ;-)

Then I tried to umount the disk that
held the datafile before and now was empty and NO, I was not on that disk.
Solaris told me: cannot umount, disk is busy :-(

had to use "umount -f" to get my job done.

Is this a bug or a feature ?

have fun
Hermann Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 17:09:48 CST