Re: move datefiles (almost) online

From: Hermann Schlösser <hschloes_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:59:40 +0100

Tanel Poder wrote:

> And since you put your TS read only and took it offline a checkpoint was
> performed and it's contents freezed, thus you didn't even have to apply the
> recover command...

Hi Tanel,

I guess this won't work.

The "read-only"-datafiles are NOT the same datafiles we put online afterwards.

Those have to be recovered because they miss an "END BACKUP" as well as the checkpoint from being taken offline.

And yes, there happened recovery. Most of my datafiles were recovered from the online redo logs. For one or two a couple of archived redo logs were used.

Have fun
Hermann Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 16:59:40 CST