Re: moving one user schema out of system tablespace

From: Eve Hoellwarth <hoellwarth-e_at_gmx.at>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:04:47 GMT

"CS" <wchuacs_at_pc.jaring.my> wrote

>Hi,

>I found there are a few users created, eg: Scott, Blake, Jones, etc. Who
>knows their initial passwords ? i knew only Scott/Tiger, the rest I don't.

Sorry, I didn't use any of the other schemas. But there must be skripts in $ORACLE_HOME to generate these schemas. Maybe there is an entry for user/password in these skripts. Otherwise you can connect as system and alter these users to set a new password for them.

>And they were created in SYSTEM tablespace, both default and temporary, what
>is the best solution to move them to other tablespace, eg: USERS tablespace
>(created) ?
>
>Please help me with your excellent experience to outline what are the steps
>to follow and also any other considerations to care about ?

Do an user export of these objects in system tablespace and an user import into the right tablespaces. Make sure you have enough space left in that tablespaces you want to import. Then drop the exported user objects in system tablespace. Another way is to drop these users cascade and recreate them and their objects in the right tablespaces.

kind regards
Eve Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 06:04:47 CST