Re: cant connect to database after developer suite install

From: Eve Hoellwarth <hoellwarth-e_at_gmx.at>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 08:45:15 GMT

"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote
[...]

>started fixing it. Now Im getting
>ORA-12645 Parameter does not exist.
>doesnt like my sqlnet.ora file.
>Would someone tell me what is wrong? I cant find it in the docs on otn....

># SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: C:\ora9i\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
># Generated by Oracle configuration tools.
>
>SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
>
>NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)
>
>NAME.DEFAULT_ZONE = world
>
>NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world
>
>SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 15
>
>SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER = requested
>
>SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_CLIENT = requested

Had once a similar problem and solved it by commenting out the encryption parameter entries because they were not used by us.

Is there a need to use parameters sqlnet.encryption_server and sqlnet.encryption_client? If not so comment out these lines. If you need these parameters take a look at oracle note:1069332.6

hth
Eve Received on Sun Mar 09 2003 - 02:45:15 CST