Re: how synchronous is Oracle?

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:33:01 GMT

Oracle can also lock a table to enforce referential integrity if child table indexes aren't created. Oracle can also block an update if the transaction entries are all used in a block and either maxtrans is reached or there is no free space left in the block.

I'm sure there are several of other exceptions to his blanket statements.

That never word always seems to cause problems. ;)

Richard