Re: how synchronous is Oracle?

From: Uwe Kuechler <gg.3.ukuechle_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 07:33:27 -0800

Andrew Allen <andrew.allen_at_sppaammkiller.handleman.com> wrote in message news:<3E67A02E.4060205_at_sppaammkiller.handleman.com>...

> You DO NOT know what you are talking about.
Ouch. Maybe I should quit my job, then.

> txn b will NOT wait for txn a to commit or rollback.
This is not what I intended to say. I hope you're the only one who misunderstood me this way.
What I meant is: The very moment Txn a issues a commit and the data gets written to disk, waits will occur when Txn b accesses this very data.
Or did you seriously want to tell me that even after a commit from Txn a, Txn b will not see the updated data?

> 2. Oracle DOES NOT ever block reads.

'nuff said on this one in this thread, no further comment.

Regards,
Uwe Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 09:33:27 CST