Re: char set conversion

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_nospam_odbaguru.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:03:08 +1100

Stephan,

The INTERNAL_USE keyword means that your data will not be physically changed. To translate your special characters you would be required to do an export/import.

Also be very careful when checking special characters that you have your client NLS_LANG parameter set correctly or they will look like garbage even if they are in fact correct. One way to check is to cut and paste them into notepad and save as HTML then open it in a web browser and change the encoding you are using (Left click in explorer).

Kind Regards,

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle Administration
www.brainbench.com