Re: Install Oracle 9i under Linux RedHat 8.0

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:51:19 -0000

man cpio will start you off.

they are probably .cpio.gz files and are basically the zipped archives of the CDROMS

do

if last extension =.gz do gunzip until all files done if last extension =.cpio then do cpio with correct parameters (extract from archive and create the directories) until all cpio archives done.

You will know you have done all correct when you end in directory with Disk1,Disk2,Disk3 etc

Advice is to burn to CDROM at that point.

However if not wanting to do that just CD to Disk1 and run setup. Make sure you have Java in path.

Now follow,follow,follow the YBR . Also advise following install guide from tahiti.oracle.com and otn.oracle.com

HTH-YMMV
Telemachus.
"Alex" <alukesch_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:b3vlg2$njk$05$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
> I want to install Oracle 9i under Linux RedHat 8.0.
> First I'm a beginner about using Linux and my problem is I get 3 Oracle
files with the extension *.cpio and I don't know how I can start the installation.