Re: Getting sysdate across a DB link

From: Jaap W. van Dijk <j.w.vandijk.removethis_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:26:01 +0100

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:43:25 +0000, Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_atosorigin.com> wrote:

>I'd rather not have to do this. This is for a maintenance function
>across 100+ target databases, and I'd rather not have to install a
>custom function across all of the databases.

Hey Paul,

Just had another idea. There's already a time function in an Oracle supplied package:

DBMS_UTILITY. GET_TIME It returns

'... the number of 100th’s of a second from some arbitrary epoch'

If that epoch is equal on all databases you can call the function locally and remotely and measure the difference.Wouldn't that suit your purpose?

Jaap. Received on Sun Mar 02 2003 - 15:26:01 CST