Re: Getting sysdate across a DB link

From: Paul Moore <gustav_at_morpheus.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:02:38 +0000

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:

> If you have a db_link ... a simple bit of dynamic SQL will build the
> function on all 100 for you in a matter of seconds.

Can you create a function across a db link? I didn't know that was possible...

You're right, if I can do that then it's not such a problem. What would the syntax be? CREATE FUNCTION myfn_at_remote_db ....? I suppose, more generally, the question is what DDL you can do over a link - I'll browse the manuals for stuff on this (all I've ever done before is select from table_at_remote_db).

I'll try it on Monday when I get back to a system with more than one database available to me...

Thanks,
Paul.

--
This signature intentionally left blank