Re: Why is undo backed with redo for GTT

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 16:04:21 +0200

Hello!

Rollback information needs to be stored, for example for rolling back to a savepoint.
Rollback information is stored in rollback segments, which are stored in normal/undo tablespaces.
Changes to normal/undo tablespaces are normally logged - so far Oracle hasn't made a separate mechanism for handling DML on GTTs.

That's my understanding. In the future it could change..

Tanel.