Re: (long) Sniffing redo logs to maintain cache consistency?

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 15:15:05 GMT

Following up on Andrej Gabara, 01 Mar 2003:

> Thank you Noons, I will check those out. Already have some of those.
> FWIW, I really liked Garcia-Molina's book "database system implementation".
> IMO Date's book is too wordy... all very helpful in builing a database,
> but a lot lack information on how to apply this to a java client/server
> application suite with remote clients and web clients.

You have to remember Date's book pre-dates Java itself, let alone J2EE! It's much earlier than that. But the rdb theory there is still applicable to database design itself. Which you'll ned to understand. It's a good base.

Have a look at some of the stuff in OTEN. There is a paper on "9iAS best practices" that has lots of interesting stuff you'd find useful.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto