Re: (long) Sniffing redo logs to maintain cache consistency?

From: Andrej Gabara <andrej_at_kintana.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 07:02:55 -0800

Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam> wrote ...
> Instead of learning advanced design, he sat for two days
> on a 5-day course that dealt mainly with the advantages of J2EE
> in handling access to a 3-table schema and how to handle
> events with a servlet! He got so fed-up with it, he left the
> course and asked for a refund.

Ok, I can totally understand that. I worry falling into a vendor trap myself, so I am critical to any information that comes out from a company selling a product. Obviously.

> on what you want to learn about. The field of database design
> is not something you're gonna learn in depth in a day or two
> or with a single book. It's too wide for that. Same goes for
> the advanced tuning stuff.
> (... lots of good recommendations snipped to reduce size ...)

Thank you Noons, I will check those out. Already have some of those. FWIW, I really liked Garcia-Molina's book "database system implementation". IMO Date's book is too wordy... all very helpful in builing a database, but a lot lack information on how to apply this to a java client/server application suite with remote clients and web clients.

Anyhow, thank's again.

-Andrej Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 09:02:55 CST