Table columns and User defined functions...

From: Bill Lucas <Homebrew42_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:04:31 GMT

Hello all,

Recently we have been noticing an issue using user defined functions. Whenever we try to pass a table column in a select statement into the UDF we are getting an error. I think I remember reading something about this but it wasn't very informative. I tried googling for information but came up empty.

So my question is. Can you use a User defined function and pass a column in a table in as a parameter?

Here is an example.

SELECT Package.GetLocalTime(LastModified) INTO dtLclLstMod FROM Table WHERE Foo = 'Bar'

I can provide more detailed info about our particular function on request.

Any help on this appreciated. If it makes a difference we are building XML from the results of select statements...

Thanks for any information.

Regards,
Bill Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 09:04:31 CST