Re: How to update Oracle database from Access database ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:42:22 -0800

sean wrote:

> I have huge amount of data in Access (on Win98) that I need to update
> to Oracle 7.3.4 database. But first I need to clear /delete the
> content of each tables in the Oracle. I've tried using "delete * from
> my_table" under SQL*Plus or svrmgr23 but doesnt work.
>
> I know I can use Msaccess to delete and append data to oracle, via
> linked tables. But its taking hours...
>
> Appreciate any help.
> sean

Use

TRUNCATE TABLE <table_name>;

The correct delete statement, which I would advise against using, is:

DELETE FROM <table_name>;

And get yourself out of server manager. You have no business doing anything there except DBA specific functions that can not be done as another user. Keep this up and you will likely trash the entire database.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Feb 27 2003 - 18:42:22 CST