Re: ORA-12514: TNS error

From: David <dmagnatek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2003 05:47:24 -0800

Thanks for your reply. Per your suggestion I checked the service name in the connect_data sections of tnsnames.ora on my client, on the server and in init<sid>.ora for the database. They all match....

Client (tnsnames.ora)
stage =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = stage-klump)(PORT = 1521))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = stage)
    )
  )

Server (tnsnames.ora)
stage =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = stage-klump)(PORT = 1521))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = stage)
    )
  )