Re: Oracle Archived logs?

From: Phillip <tienp_at_wholefoods.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:10:01 -0600

if you do your hot backups via rman, you can have rman delete the archivelogs for you upon completion of the backup. Here's a sample rman script:

run {

        allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
        allocate channel t2 type 'SBT_TAPE';
        allocate channel t3 type 'SBT_TAPE';
        allocate channel t4 type 'SBT_TAPE';
backup
tag production_cold_level_0
format 'production_df_%U'
(database);
backup
format 'production_al_%U'
(archivelog all delete input);
}

This will keep your archivelog directory current since the last level 0 backup.

--
Phillip Tien
Database Administrator

You can't spell 'failure' without U  R  A.