Oracle Archived logs?

From: James <james_at_nothing.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:48:59 +0200

Hi there
A question I take online hotbackups of my database. The question I have is when do the archive logs become unnecessary?

For example I make a hotbackup everyday but I'm also backing up every Archived log since I started performing hotbackups. Surely there must come a time when those old arechived logs are not needed. I don't want to back them all up cause I'm running out of space!! How do I find out which are needed? If I need them all why?

I'm using oracle 9 on Win 2k.

A BIG thanks in advance
james Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 07:48:59 CST