UTL_FILE -- creating a carriage return line feed running in UNIX

From: Donna B. <dbursey_at_bentley.edu>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 05:33:30 -0800

Hi, all -- I have a UTL_FILE script that creates a csv from an Oracle table. So far, so good -- until we get to the end of the record. Because the script is running in UNIX, the NEWLINE (linefeed) that is included with the PUT_LINE function is not coming out in the csv, so when the vendor (who's running on a SQL Server 2000 platform) looks at it, it's just one long run-on record. Is there any way to fix this? I've looked at the UTL_FILE documentation in the PL/SQL Programming book, but no joy. And I am definitely no expert in UTL_FILE anyway. Gurus?

Thank you --

Donna Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 07:33:30 CST