Re: Oracle direction on triggers

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:15:10 -0600

replies embedded

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:49:03 +0000, jase024 <member25482_at_dbforums.com> wrote:

>well, I guess I didn't read the previous post clearly. I thought we were
>talking about a DBA, not an "Analyst" (mosts Analysts should drop the
>last 3 letters of their title anyway). I guess he is thinking that the
>latest trend is to move away from triggers? On this, I'm not sure, since
>I deal mostly with a 3rd party app. he could be "c"-ing his "a" on this,
>so maybe you should check with someone you trust to give you a
>straightforward answer with the specific situation in mind.

This ng is the best source of people I trust on things Oracle.

>If you don't
>have Oracle Apps, then why is the "lead analyst" so upset about what
>direction that Oracle Apps has set?

The implication is that the direction taken by Oracle Apps should serve as a model for all apps built on Oracle db. Not that I necessarily agree or disagree -- just stating that that is the justification used by the analyst.

>Also, just because someone "sets a
>direction" doesn't mean that it's a good decision for the rest of the
>world. every situation is unique and only close-minded people actually
>"set a direction" in stone.

No argument from this quarter! Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 07:15:10 CST