Re: HighWater_Session

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 04:12:00 -0800

JimLim <member24937_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2570351.1046140976_at_dbforums.com>...
> The value of high_water session tracks the number of oracle users.
> Although it could be reset by re-starting the database,
>
> May I know is there other method of doing it?
>
> This is because restarting the database might affect alot of users.

The purpose of the highwater session mark is to track the maximum number of users ever connected after the database started. What makes you think it should be reset? You can't reset it without restarting the database, which follows from the defition of the concept 'highwater mark'

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 06:12:00 CST