Re: Sniffing redo logs to maintain cache consistency?

From: Andrej Gabara <andrej_at_kintana.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 03:52:51 -0800

Thank's Niall,

and no, we don't use auto-commit... we're not amateurs either :) We have connection pooling and prepared-statement caching for improved performance as well. And most of our JDBC calls make use of prepared or callable statements, using bind variables. For some items we also use batch updates. What we don't have is effective caching in the app server, and we realize that if we had, then we saved trips to the database and performance would be better. But effective caching is difficult to do when you have business logic in the database, unless you can push change events to the cache quickly. But then, maybe the lack of effective caching isn't our biggest problem, we need to investigate more time into this.

Maybe I should be emberassed for asking the "sniffing log" question in the first place, but I think I had a good reason for it, so I'm not :)

Thank's for all who replied.

-Andrej Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 05:52:51 CST