Re: SQLPlus errors

From: Fredrik de Vibe <fredrik_at_devibe.net>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 01:09:22 +0100

"Alex" <agrasic_at_sympatico.ca> writes:
> What would be a solution to this problem besides upgrading SQLPlus?
[snip ]

[ snip ]
> > ORA-12705 ?invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified?
[ snip ]

I got this error when the NLS_LANG environment variable was incorrectly set. For e.g. english messages and iso8859-1 charset, I had to set it to american_america.we8iso8859p1

If I didn't set it at all, the logon went fine, but the charset wasn't too good ;-)

--
--Fredrik
In an organization, each person rises to the level of his own