Re: Percent of Shared Pool used

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:02:01 +0200

Hi!

Let's put it simple:
During an Apps upgrade you have to run lots of tasks (100000+ scripts ran by AutoUpgrade or AutoPatch).
There are several different types of scripts, starting from inserts/updates to DDL and stored procedure creation and running.

I have noticed several times, that when you have about 3000-6000 tasks left when applying the maintenance pack d-driver, the simple tasks which normally should run faster, get quite slow. v$session_wait shows waits on latches, I didn't even verify which latches were we talking about, just flushed the shared_pool. And the tasks started completing faster immediately. I have seen it several times enough, so it can't just be a coincidence.

When you are able to run 2 tasks per second before and 4 tasks after flush - I call that performance improvement. Simple.

Tanel.