Re: ORA-4030

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:51:42 +0200

> >> Your Oracle process gets way too much memory. You shouldn't allocate
> >> more than one third of physical memory.

Hi!

In Oracle 8.0 on WinNT 4 there was no operating system cache used for caching I/O Oracle datafiles, files are opened with FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING option. So in this case having larger SGA was justified.

Anyone knows whether OS caching is allowed in 8i & 9i?

Tanel. Received on Sun Feb 23 2003 - 16:51:42 CST