Re: Oracle 9i and Designer 9i SETUP.EXE File Won't Execute

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 06:50:01 -0800

Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.18bc79ef6275500b9896af_at_news.la.sbcglobal.net>...
> MISC.001 Completely remove Oracle from Windows NT/2000

<snipped a huge part>

Great, I'm just wondering if sometimes in the future would Oracle be so king to add this feature to his uninstaller, and Oracle SW will start to behave as is specified in Windows compatible SW guide from about 1995. :-(

DMZ17 suggested to change operating system. However, this is solely fault of Oracle developing staff. From 8 through 8i up to 9i, still Oracle Installer sucks.

I think that Oracles have problems with attention on little details. They spend huge effort on developing great DB package, but then failed to achieve something obvious even for small shareware developers. :-(

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.