Re: About LMT's -- nice article

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:31:16 -0800

Noons wrote:

> Following up on koert54, 16 Feb 2003:
>

> > hehe - we still even have over 150+ 7.2.3 databases running :-)
> >

> You may not believe this, but I know of one site
> that last year (2002) was running 6.0.36!
> One wonders about the wisdom of their management...
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam

Their management may be wise in that they are saving money on training and upgrades. The ones I pity are the developers and DBAs whose resume's are now only sufficient for finding a job flipping burgers.

Really ... what are the chances of staying with your current job until you retire? Zero? And what are the chances of finding another Oracle job when your resume indicates expert knowledge of Oracle 6 and/or 7? Zero?

Anything less than Oracle 9i experience won't get you an interview by the end of this year. Developers and DBAs need to act in their own vested self-interest unless they wish to go the way of the dinosaurs and the RPG II programmers.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Feb 16 2003 - 12:31:16 CST