Re: Installation/instance requirements for Linux

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:28:01 +1100

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:09:46 +0000, wrote:

> 1) Yes it will.But the Oracle Installation Guide requires you to have
> 512 Mb of RAM, which leads to the answer to 2).....
>
> 2) You must increase memory to 512 Mb of RAM.

Well, I don't know about the "must" there. I demo RAC using two Vmware virtual machines, each allocated just 192MB of pretend RAM. So I would say that for testing purposes, 192MB is a workable minimum. (I tried it on a virtual machine with just 128MB and it blew up).

But of course Kenneth is correct in saying that 512MB is the minimum recommended by Oracle itself.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Feb 15 2003 - 16:28:01 CST