Re: Forall performance

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2003 19:40:06 -0800

Well, suppose you can save 5 seconds from reducing context switch by using forall, but you waste 5 minutes due to inefficient redo log management, you will not notice the benefits of forall. The larger the data volume the more likely you will suffer from inefficient redo log management. That was my guess as to what might be going on behind the scene. Just a guess.

But, the op's 3*10 meg redo logs seem big enough to me. I would take a look of the rollback segments as well. Or maybe the optimal array size is system dependent - as I seem to recall reading it somewhere at Metalink.

In any case, the direct insert hint is missleading and should be removed.