Re: Thanks tor Howord Rogers

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:55:08 +1100

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 01:29:50 +0100, lopera wrote:

> Hi
>
> I downloaded Harrison's papers recently but Ithey were for Windows...
> did he write any for RAC on Linux?

I think if you read the start of his multi-instance-single-node paper, it's pretty apparent that he can't stand Linux.

So no, he didn't, as far as I can tell from what's available on the OakTable site (and I don't know where else any of his stuff can be found).

I think the broader point is that pretend-RACs on Linux aren't particularly new. There's a paper on Metalink describing how to do it dated December 2001. There's also James Morle's paper on the OakTable website (called 'Unbreakable') which explains how to do it on a Linux laptop.

But nobody thought it possible on Windows. And indeed it wasn't possible on Windows (as far as I know) until Harrison *made* it possible.

So I think he wanted to describe something which was new, not something you could have found out about elsewhere.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 21:55:08 CST